Friday, January 4, 2013

Poem: There's A Hole In My Sidewalk






Chapter I

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in.
I am lost … I am helpless.
It isn’t my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don’t see it.
I fall in again.
I can’t believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn’t my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in … it’s a habit … but,
my eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter IV

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter V

I walk down another street.

~Portia Nelson~

*✶☾****{{}}****☽✶*

This is such a beautiful and powerful metaphor for life.
The stages we go through and what it takes on both outer 
and inner level to realize our habits, 
to change our thoughts to affect our behavior 
and by that find another way. 

How many times do we need to bump up against the same obstacles, 
the same pain, all the same things that’s not working for us, 
before we realize we need to make a change?
And to make a change we need to change the way we think.
We can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it.
We need a radical revolution of our mind,
To radically clean out the inner sanctum of our minds house.
Step out of decades of conditioned thinking,
And start over.
When we do,
When we have fired and wired new connections in our brains
 which makes new wonderful chemicals in our bodies, 
which is energetically affecting the whole entire web of the universe,
Then we are walking a new path.
And we are creating more of what we want,
Of what we deserve.
We are pure Joy
and Love
We are connected to the Source.

~DreamWeaver~


No comments:

Post a Comment